big city

Chicago Removal of Conditions Lawyer

SimVisa, a Chigaco-based immigration legal firm, works with conditional permanent residents to help remove conditions on green cards, opening up full resident privileges for you in the United States. Contact us today to speak with an experienced removal of conditions lawyer.

Contact us today
Chicago Immigration Law Firm with Digital Solutions
Years in
Immigration Law


  • Premium Service

    Premium Service

    With Simvisa, you have the option of receiving full-service legal support - for every aspect of your case - with immigration lawyers from a top-quality immigration law firm.

  • Quality + Cost Savings

    Automated Service

    If you are looking for a more cost-efficient solution and desire to be more hands-on in your immigration process, you can take advantage of our user-friendly automated service.  You will have the support of our immigration team and get the benefit of a full review from our immigration attorneys

  • Step-by-step Guide + Greatest Cost Savings


    If you choose to handle everything yourself, take advantage of our free informational videos, guides and blogs. We have resources to help walk you through the steps of your specific immigration process.

All You Need to Know

Helping You Finalize Your Green Card Status

Some people are issued a green card with certain conditions, which means they still need to remove the conditions for full permanent resident status. Typically, this is because they were issued a green card after marriage and have been married less than two years. The green card holder is granted permanent residence after the U.S. immigration service is satisfied that the marriage is legitimate and genuine. 

SimVisa can help you with the removal of conditional status of your Green Card. One of our I-751 lawyers works with you to process the right paperwork on time and remove conditions on your green card.

Navigating the citizenship and immigration services requirements can be complicated, and just one mistake could jeopardize your immigration status. We help families in Chicago and nationwide with the removal of conditional residency

Do you need help with your conditional green card? Contact a removal of conditions lawyer at SimVisa today for a free consultation!

How to Apply for Removal of Conditional Status (Form I-751)  

To remove the conditions on a permanent resident card, the conditional permanent resident and their spouse (or sponsor) must jointly file Form I-175 with the USCIS within 90 days of the conditional visa’s expiration.

The application must include the following:

  • The fully completed Form I-751, signed by both the conditional resident and their spouse
  • Front and back copies of the green card
  • Two current passport-style photos of the permanent resident and any children applying for permanent residence
  • Evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith and is legitimate

Some common examples of a bona fide marriage can include:

  • Deeds to jointly owned property
  • Lease showing joint tenancy of a home
  • Financial records of joint assets
  • Birth certificates of children born during the marriage
  • Joint tax returns
  • Medical bills with the names of both spouses
  • Vehicle registrations with both spouses’ names on them

These are just some of the documents that can help prove a legitimate marriage. If you are having trouble finding the right kinds of proof, consult with an experienced I-751 lawyer.

When a Waiver of Joint Petition Is Needed

If a conditional resident is unable to file a joint Form I-751 with their spouse, then they may request the joint filing requirement be waived if one of the following conditions applies:

  • Deporting the conditional resident would result in extreme hardship
  • The marriage began in good faith but ended in an annulment or divorce - evidence of the marital relationship and the divorce or annulment decree must be presented
  • The marriage was legitimate, but the spouse died - a death certificate is required
  • The marriage was legitimate but the conditional resident left due to abuse by the sponsor spouse - evidence of abuse, such as police reports, is required

Removal of condition lawyer can help you gather the right evidence for your claim and draft your petition for the waiver of the joint filing requirement for Form I-751.

How SimVisa Can Help You with Removal of Conditions

When you work with a removal of conditions attorney from SimVisa, you’ll benefit from our years of experience navigating the often-changing requirements of the U.S. immigration service. Our legal team knows what kinds of evidence tends to satisfy immigration officials, and we work with your family to gather your documents so that a package can be submitted in the proper timeframe.

If you choose our premium service for full attorney representation, our process is as follows: 

  1. Contact SimVisa for a free 15-minute meeting with our team and to schedule a paid consultation with a removal of conditions lawyer. The lawyer will dive into the specific facts of your case, address your questions and concerns, and provide an assessment of your case as well as the steps moving forward.
  2. After the consultation, you sign the engagement letter and submit your payment using our secure link. We typically credit the attorney consultation fee and charge a flat fee for our services, which we discuss in your attorney consultation.
  3. We work with you to gather all the information and documents necessary for  your case into our system, answering questions and advising you every step of the way. 
  4. We prepare the petition package, including forms and supporting evidence, and make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. We work together to create a filing that best presents your case and minimizes the chance of issues or delay by US immigration.
  5. A removal of conditions lawyer completes the attorney review and is available to answer any questions or address any issues that you may have.
  6. After you sign the documents, we submit the package to USCIS and officially sign on as your “attorney of record” meaning that US immigration recognizes us as your lawyer. As a result, we have the ability to contact immigration on your behalf and to monitor and notify you of the progress of your case with immigration.

Our six-step process for the automated service is as follows:

  1. Contact SimVisa for a free 15-minute meeting with our team to determine whether you are eligible to file a joint petition for permanent residency using the automated service.
  2. After the consultation, you submit your payment for legal assistance using our secure link. We charge a flat fee for our services, which we discuss in your initial consultation.
  3. Using our system, you provide the requested information and upload all your relevant documents into your secure client portal, including marriage certificates and other proof of a legitimate marriage.
  4. We meet with you via video and prepare the petition package including forms and supporting evidence. We will tell you if we need further proof and what we need for your application.
  5. A removal of conditions lawyer completes the attorney review.
  6. We send the completed application to you for you and your spouse to sign and submit.

What Is the Cost of Our Services?

Our premium service fee for the jointly filed I-751 is typically around $2,500. The attorney will provide the exact fee at the consultation depending on the facts and complexity of your case.

Our automated service fee for the I-751 is $900.

Are You in Need of Help from an Expert Immigration Attorney?

Do you need help with your conditional green card? Contact a removal of conditions lawyer at SimVisa today for a free consultation!

Contact us
simvisa icon opacity

Why Choose SimVisa I-751 Lawyers? 

As a client of SimVisa, you’ll benefit from the experience of a professional team and licensed immigration attorney to help prepare your paperwork completely and on time. We file all forms within one to three days of completion and submit them to the USCIS immediately after you sign.

  • One-time, flat fee for legal services
  • Affordable legal fees — less than our competitors charge
  • Honest communication for all your questions during the process
Why Choose Simvisa for Family-Based Immigration?human with computer
hands to star

We have a high success rate in approvals


We treat you with compassion, dignity & respect


We create tailored solutions for your business & family

True Reviews from People Just Like You

Before launching automated SimVisa services, we've been successfully helping people with immigration as a traditional immigration law firm - Atom Law Group. Read the reviews below to see what our clients have to say.

Natalia Diaz-Velazquez

Very happy with their services, SohYoon is the best Chicago immigration attorney

Read Full Review
Brian Murray

I've been working with the Atom Law group since 2011 dealing with various visas throughout the years until I finally became a citizen and have only praise for the firm. From start to finish the process was as smooth as one could hope for with zero issues in the entire process. SohYonn was excellent in communicating with me every step of the way, and I was 100% confident that everything would work out which it did! Highly recommended.

Read Full Review
Lydia Hadusek

They were great! Helped me with my green card process. Any questions or concerns I had they would answer them promptly and would always put me at ease. The process with them felt more like a friendship.

Read Full Review
Pedro Kialanda

I do not know where i would be without Atom Law. They have helped me with my Green Card, Citizenship, and my mother's Green Card. Vanessa and SohYoohn were always available and ready to answer questions, alleviate any concerns we had. They always followed up and made sure everything was perfect. I can at least say from my side that everything was easy because they did all the heavy lifting. They are such a great team and i would recommend them to anyone who is going through the same process i went through. Thank you for everything

Read Full Review
Robert Lucy

I highly recommend Atom Law Group. My wife’s green card arrived just 6 months after we filed the adjustment of status paperwork. Atom Law Group really did everything for us at every step of the process. They gave very good guidance at the start, they helped track down every last document, they patiently answered questions, they filled out the many forms, they clearly explained the forms before we signed, they held a practice interview to prepare for the real interview, and on the big day a lawyer went with us to our USCIS interview. They are all very competent and pleasant people to work with.

Read Full Review
Beyza Büyüker

I worked with SohYoon and her team for my marriage-based Green Card application. They were very dedicated, knowledgable, responsive, and professional. So glad to work with them -- cannot recommend them enough!

Read Full Review

FAQs About Family-Based Immigration

Our clients have a lot of questions. Here are the answers to some of those most frequently asked.

When do you submit your 751 petition?

If you plan to file Form I-751 with your sponsor or spouse, you must file it anytime within the 90-day period before your conditional green card’s expiration. For example, if you were issued a conditional green card that expires on June 1, 2020, you would be able to file your petition to remove conditions on residence on April 1, 2020 because that is within the 90-day window prior to the expiration of the 2-year green card.

If you are filing the I-751 petition independently, i.e. requesting a waiver of the joint filing requirement, however, you may file it at any time. It’s generally better to start the process as soon as possible to ensure that you have all the supporting documents of a good-faith marriage on hand or to have any proof you need that a good-faith marriage ended for valid reasons.

What if you file late for your petition for removal of conditions?

Filing the petition for removal of conditions on your green card is not an optional process. That is, a conditional permanent resident can’t simply hold on to the conditional green card and keep the conditions.

If you do not apply to have the conditions removed for your permanent resident status, your conditional green card will expire in two years, and your residency in the U.S. will be terminated. You may be placed in removal or deportation process with the immigration court. If you haven’t filed yet and your 2-year green card has expired, please contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options including potentially making a late filing.

The form must be completed properly to be accepted by immigration; if you leave sections blank or fail to submit the correct supporting documents, then it may be rejected and you could be put into removal or deportation proceedings.

the person discusses the solution

Contact Your I-751 Lawyers Today!

Do you need help filing to remove the conditions on the resident status of your green card? The I-751 lawyers at SimVisa can help. Contact us to schedule your free consultation today!